Handcrafted Log Homes
BUILT FOR UNIQUE PEOPLE BY INCREDIBLY SKILLED CRAFTSPEOPLE
You can see the natural walls of your new log home, and hear the crackle of the fire from the living room. It’s time to bring your dream home to life.
There is nothing more beautiful, stable, functional, and sustainable than a log home.
Handcrafted log homes are created using whole round logs that are worked and placed by the hands of skilled artisans. They’ve spent years perfecting their ability to cut, fit, scribe, and notch each log. Their art is in their hands, their masterpiece, your home. Harvested from the forest around us, these ancient giants become your walls.
Bring the outdoors inside. Make your dream home your reality with a handcrafted log home.
We’re with you from conception to completion, the very beginning to the glorious end. Throughout our detailed process, we are always in touch. We believe in open lines of communication and delivering beyond expectations, so you can rest easy knowing the progress of your project is in the hands of skilled tradespeople. Every project is unique, but when we’re building a home, it usually goes something like this:
- Material is grown and harvested. We build our homes from spruce, pine, fir, and cedar.
- The logs are peeled and seasoned, then aged for more than a year to reduce moisture content and reduce cracking. Most companies don’t do this, and most companies don’t store their own inventory. We aren’t most companies.
- Timber is assembled at our 40-acre log building yard.
- Once the building is complete, the logs are sanded to perfection, labeled, and shipped.
- At your building site, Lakeland’s craftspeople continue to oversee the production of your log home. They perform the set-up with the application of two rows of EM-seal and an expanding bed of spray foam throughout. The modified lateral groove used in the construction of our handcrafted log homes provides one of the best sealed log buildings on the market today, without the use of caulking or chinking.
- Finishing logistical touches are put in place. Through rods, electrical outlets and drilling are also completed by our craftspeople.
- Final aesthetics. We’re detail-oriented people, and we view the completion of each project like hanging another canvas in our gallery.
- We hand you the keys. That’s enough about us, now it’s time for you to put your stories in these walls.
Let’s build something beautiful together
A home you can grow in, a place that is uniquely yours. Somewhere that gives you life to be inside, and inspires you to live your best life outside.